[silva-dev] Upgrade (to 0.9.3) hangs
reinhard.hess at id.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 29 14:31:44 CEST 2004
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Benno Luthiger wrote:
>> Dear Clemens and Martijn
>> After increasing the cache size from 400 to 20000 (Target number of
>> in memory per cache), the whole upgrade went through smoothly.
>>> Benno, how big is this database?
>> Here are the numbers:
>> Database Size: 21.4M
>> Total number of objects in the database: 9972
> Curious, this is not a particularly large database -- we've upgraded
> much, much larger databases to 0.9.3 in the past. You'd think we
> wouldn't get over the cache size limit, or if so, that it wouldn't block
> the whole process. Ugh..
Same experience here as well. This is a comparably small site. We did test upgrades with larger
sites and Max.Objects.in.Cache.per.thread=400 which did _not_ hang.
I thought about changing this number in our "Upgrade Engine" in the very beginning of the tests but
decided to keep it to stay as close as possible to a default Zope installation. Which was obviously
a good idea, because it revealed that there could be a problem in certain cases. I put a note
concerning this into our README for the upgrades, even if usually production sites here run usually
with a value than the (low) default.
More information about the silva-dev