[silva-dev] Silva 1.3b3 released
guido at infrae.com
Wed May 25 19:46:28 CEST 2005
Silva 1.3 beta 3 released
Infrae has just released Silva 1.3 beta 3, the first beta of this
version available for public download.
Silva 1.3 includes the following new features:
* WebDAV support
* Partial upgrading of (imported) Silva content
* Users can now set the preferred language from their member settings
* Some shortcut buttons were added for certain actions, highly improving
usability of certain views
* Refactoring of the metadata tab
* Added categories support for metadata sets
* More properties are now imported and exported using the XML
Of course a lot of bugs were fixed, too. (See the HISTORY.txt file in
the Silva package for more a complete list).
As of the 1.1 release cycle, Silva's download area has moved off
zope.org to the infrae.com website. Silva can be downloaded here:
The easiest way is to download the Silva-1.3b3-all.tgz file, and unpack
this in your products directory. See the INSTALL.txt included in the
Silva product for more information.
For Silva extensions such as SilvaNews and SilvaExternalSources,
please see the overview here:
What is Silva?
Silva is a completely browser based CMS for creating publications for
the web, paper, and other media. Content is stored in a clean and
future-proof format, independent of layout and presentation, suitable
for use in multiple contexts. Silva allows novice users to enter new
documents as well as edit existing documents using a simple web
For more information about Silva, please see:
More information about the silva-dev