[silva-dev] raildoad and silva q's
aaltepet at bethel.edu
Wed Jun 8 21:27:57 CEST 2005
I tried posting this to the railroad-dev at codespeak.net list, but the message
never went though.
I'm evaluating railroad for use on my website, and I have a few
questions/comments regarding it's integration with silva and such.
1) using a program like cadaver, how can one upload a file and make
it available in silva? No entries get placed in the postgres database
so using the 'find' links under the test tab in service_railroad
doesn't turn them up.
2) How could some items not be owned? The find tool only searches for
unowned objects, but that can't happen if you need to be authenticated
3) Using cadaver (or a silva railroad proxy/formupload), I can't login to my
altepeter.net/rrr/repo) as someone other than the administrator of the
repository. How do I do this?
4) How can you search in silva for an object in railroad, and create
an asset for it? Do you always need to upload the file using a
5) It would be neat if there could be a silva railroad collection proxy.
This object would function like a silva folder (probably implementing
the IFolder interface), and allow navigability of the railroad
collection. This would eliminate the need to have individual
created-by-hand railroad proxies for each object. One could forsee
extending this into a nice silva-based (with metadata!) image gallery
Anyways, thanks for any help you can provide!
More information about the silva-dev