[silva-dev] Changes to mailing list settings

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar crobbenhaar at web.de
Mon Sep 26 23:35:21 CEST 2005

Hi Eric,

> Due to ever increasing spam messages targeting our mailing lists, I
> regret to have to inform you that I have now configured them to
> automatically discard messages sent by non-members, as the only other
> option was to moderate them by hand, which was no longer feasible.

I quite appreciate this policy; it also helps me with the usual
question when replying: "Cc" the author or only reply to the list ?
-- no need to include the author of the original posting, as
she/he must be on the list anyway.

However is it possible to do something similar on the
cvs notifications and especially the "silva-new-issues" ?
  Its quite clear who should be able to write to these lists
(e.g. only the local daemons), so would it be possible to
restrict posting to those lists, too?

No idea about the technical details, just asking
Clemens