[silva-dev] Creating acquirable metadata item

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman jw at infrae.com
Tue Sep 27 14:03:55 CEST 2005

Samuel Schluep wrote:
> Hello together
>
> Trying to add a new metadata item to the Silva Extra metadata set (a
> StringField) I wanted to make the metadata item acquirable. After
> selecting 'Yes' for 'Enable Acquisition' and pressing 'edit metadata
> element' the following error is displayed:
>
> Error Type: ConfigurationError
> Error Value: Required Values may not be Acquired
>
> Any suggestions what is happening?

This confusion is caused by a bad UI for the metadata system: setting the field
to acquired is done in the 'Settings' tab of a metadata element. However,
initially the underlying Formulator field is set to 'required' - and this can be
changed in the 'Field' tab of the metadata element.

So, first set the element to not required in the 'Field' tab and then set it to
acquired in the 'Settings' tab.

Hope this helps.

kind regards,
jw