[silva-dev] Small change to SilvaExternalSources, caveat extendor!

eric casteleijn eric at infrae.com
Tue Oct 17 18:50:37 CEST 2006

To fix a serious issue with encodings, I had to change the __init__
method of ExternalSources a little, or rather, I decided to take it away
entirely. Developers with code extending one of these classes:

SilvaExternalSources.ExternalSource
SilvaExternalSources.CodeSource
SilvaExternalSources.CSVSource
SilvaExternalSources.SQLSource

must take note of these things to have them work with
SilvaExternalSources-0.14 (still to be released, but Silva 1.5.8 and
higher, and Silva 1.6.4 and higher will require it):

- ExternalSource no longer has an __init__ which is just as well for an
abstract base class. If you extend it directly you *must* define your
own, and you *cannot* call the inherited method explicitly anymore, of
course.

- The __init__ method of the other three no longer takes a title
argument, so if you extend one of these, and call the inherited method,
you must not pass in the title anymore. You must set the title
explicitly in the manage_addYourClass function, after the object is created.

--
- eric casteleijn
http://infrae.com