[silva-dev] scripted web ui testing?

Andy Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Wed Apr 4 17:47:34 CEST 2007

Greetings,

For a web application that is unrelated to zope, I need to do some scripted
actions through the web interface.  Ideally I want to use python.  I'm
wonding if any of you out there have using any web ui testing toolkits for
python that are out there?  Any recommendations?  I seem to recall this being
mentioned before, but I can't recall...

What I need is a simple package that will allow me to login to a web
application (posting a form), keep cookie state, and can do repeated form
submissions while logged in.

I'm looking at twill right now, and it seems like it'll do the job.  But, I'm
wondering what the rest of you think.

Thanks for the input,
Andy