[silva-dev] A Typographical Characters service

Kit BLAKE kitblake at infrae.com
Sun May 6 10:27:15 CEST 2007

Hi Andy
I was just doing some cleanup in my mailbox, and among the messages
flagged (for later attention) I found this. Is it still in use?

Kit

> Hi Developers,
>
> A question was recently posed to me about adding the copyright character
> (©) to the 'Typographical Characters' tool in kupu.  So I thought: why
> not have a Typographical Characters service that stores these useful
> non-keyboard chars?  With a service like this, site-admins can easily add
> chars, and developers can easily make this list available in their own
> products as well as in the forms-based editor.
>
> So, while working on a refactor and upgrade of our silva-based cms, I wrote a
> service for this purpose.  It requires a modification to the typo chars tool
> in kupu, as well as small modifications to the various editor widgets
> (another li in the notes panel).
>
> Ultimately, I feel that this feature is useful beyond just my university's
> cms, so I'm wondering if something like this could eventually be included in
> Silva (like v1.3 or beyond)?
>
> If infrae feels this would be useful, I'll be more than happy to provide a
> patch and instructions on installing.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051
Hoevestraat 10 · 3033 GC · Rotterdam + The Netherlands
OpenPGP 0xE67AD0F2 · Contact = http://xri.net/=kitblake