[silva-dev] A Typographical Characters service

Kit BLAKE kitblake at infrae.com
Mon May 7 14:58:32 CEST 2007

Cool. Let's integrate the 'Typographical Characters' tool into the 1.6
range then. (We want to keep 1.5 stable and not add features).

Summer's not far away :-)

Kit

Andy Altepeter wrote:
> On Sunday 06 May 2007 03:27, Kit BLAKE wrote:
>> Hi Andy
>> I was just doing some cleanup in my mailbox, and among the messages
>> flagged (for later attention) I found this. Is it still in use?
>
> Yes, we're still using it.  I can provide a patch for Silva 1.5.3 easily, or
> work it into Silva 1.6 when I do our upgrades this summer.
>
> Andy
>
>> Kit
>>
>>> Hi Developers,
>>>
>>> A question was recently posed to me about adding the copyright character
>>> (©) to the 'Typographical Characters' tool in kupu.  So I thought:
>>> why not have a Typographical Characters service that stores these useful
>>> non-keyboard chars?  With a service like this, site-admins can easily add
>>> chars, and developers can easily make this list available in their own
>>> products as well as in the forms-based editor.
>>>
>>> So, while working on a refactor and upgrade of our silva-based cms, I
>>> wrote a service for this purpose.  It requires a modification to the typo
>>> chars tool in kupu, as well as small modifications to the various editor
>>> widgets (another li in the notes panel).
>>>
>>> Ultimately, I feel that this feature is useful beyond just my
>>> university's cms, so I'm wondering if something like this could
>>> eventually be included in Silva (like v1.3 or beyond)?
>>>
>>> If infrae feels this would be useful, I'll be more than happy to provide
>>> a patch and instructions on installing.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andy

Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051
Hoevestraat 10 · 3033 GC · Rotterdam + The Netherlands
OpenPGP 0xE67AD0F2 · Contact = http://xri.net/=kitblake