[silva-dev] OpenOffice/ODF support for Silva?

kit BLAKE kitblake at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:15:48 CEST 2007

2007/5/12, Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman at rexx.com>:
> Has work been done on a facility to export Silva documents to
> ODF/.odt?  I found a mention that this is work-in-progress
> (http://old.opendocumentfellowship.org/Applications/Silva).  But, I
> can't find anything more about it.

We have export to ODF working for a subset of Silva XML. This works
within a custom content type (not released, because it's very custom).

> Would that facility be of value to Silva users?

Absolutely :-)

>  Is an import capability also needed?

Yes, although obviously that get trickier because there could be all
sorts of things in the import.

> If so, and if work is needed on this, I'd like to help.  I have
> some experience with processing XML in Python (see, for example,
> http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/generateDS.html) and with generating
> ODF/.odt files (see http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/odtwriter.html,
> which uses lxml, by the way).

Thanks! I'll let Eric pick this up, as he's done most of the work on
the XML-based export/import.

Kit

--
Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051
Hoevestraat 10 · 3033 GC · Rotterdam + The Netherlands