[silva-dev] OpenOffice/ODF support for Silva?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue May 15 04:44:48 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:38:26AM +0200, eric casteleijn wrote:

> I'm quite busy at the moment, (but then, that's almost always the case,
> and: who isn't ;)), but I *would* like to discuss some more how to
> tackle this, and or answer any questions you may have. Let's keep the
> discussion on this list for now, because there might be more interested
> developers, or people with useful suggestions.

Super.

Give me a little time to look into it more.

In the meantime, a few questions:

- Am I right that the current export is done by code in:

      Silva/silvaxml/xmlexport.py

- And, that the exported document is described by:

      Silva/silvaxml/silva.rng
      Silva/silvaxml/silva_document.rng

- Are our goals similar to those of the Docma server, minus the
  connection using COM?

After a bit more study I'll try to write up something in the way
of a proposal that we can talk about.

If there are any documents that you can point me at or any specific
source code modules you think I should be reading, please let me
know.

More later.

Dave

--