[silva-dev] silva sql source: asking for a small change

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Wed May 23 00:21:28 CEST 2007

dear developers

i had a problem with silva sql sources when using our eth layout. i
could not find out why i had this problem. but luckily, benno pointed
me into the right direction.

let's assume that we have a silva document "bar" with the silva sql
source. to get to the second page one has to click on the "2" (10
results in batch mode) and the link looks like this:

   http://www.foo.com/bar/index_html?b_start:int=10

the problem is now that the eth layout heavily relies on the metadata
information. it seems that when calling index_html the metadata of
the document "bar" is not found and i get ugly zope errors.

to fix this problem i only had to drop the "index_html" from the url:

   http://www.foo.com/bar?b_start:int=10

to achieve this i had to do a small change in the code of
SilvaExternalSources:

   SilvaExternalSources/layout/macro.zpt

     current:  url python:request.get('URL0');
     new:      url python:request.get('URL1');

i changed URL0 to URL1. now my problems are gone and nothing broke;-)

could you please review this change and if nothing breaks check it
into SilvaExternalSources? thanks in advance.

regards,
marc