[silva-dev] Silva 2.0 Released

eric casteleijn eric at infrae.com
Wed May 23 17:57:46 CEST 2007

Andy Altepeter wrote:
> I knew there was a reason I was holding off on upgrading our CMS (with many
> integrations) to 1.6!  I guess I'll be skipping 1.6 and going straight to
> 2.0.  Thanks for the hard work Infrae!

Thanks Andy! There are some changes required in your extensions when
changing to 2.0, usually mainly that manage_afterAdd and
manage_beforeDelete events have gone away, in favour of Zope 3 like
events and event handlers. Don't worry if that sounds daunting, it
really isn't when you've figured out how to do it, and we did that in
the process of upgrading Silva, so we can help any third party extension
developer. I now see I forgot to add relevant documentation to
doc/developer_changes.txt, I will add that and it will be in the next
minor release. I will also post the text in this thread.

--
- eric casteleijn
http://infrae.com