[silva-dev] OpenOffice/ODF support for Silva?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Jun 5 00:31:33 CEST 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 08:22:22PM -0700, Dave Kuhlman wrote:

[snip]

> So, I'll pick this up again when I get back home.

I've returned from vacation and I'm working on this again.

I'll report in again when I've made a little more progress.

In the meantime, I have these goals for silva2odt:

- It should be usable (1) inside Silva, (2) from the command line,
  and (3) programmatically from non-Silva applications.

- It should enable the user to customize the ODF styles used within
  generated documents.

- The framework should be general enough so that other output
  "writer" classes can be implemented that generate other flavors of
  .odt files and even other kinds of output entirely.

And, I'm trying to follow a model that will enable me to reuse some
of the code in the odtwriter that I implemented for Docutils.

More later.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman