[silva-dev] Update - silva2odt

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Fri Jun 22 18:49:33 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:38:19PM +0200, Marc Petitmermet wrote:
> dear dave
>
> first: thank you very much for the great work you are doing here. i
> downloaded and installed silva2odt and gave it a try. however, i
> could not get it working at all. but this might be due to not using
> the correct versions of the required programs. could you please tell
> me what are the minimal required versions for python, lxml and silva?

Marc -

Thanks for feedback.

I'm using:

- Python 2.5.1

- lxml-1.2.1

- Silva from SVN

I believe that, in silva2odt.py itself, everything other than lxml
comes from the Python standard library.  And, by the way, I check
my results in OpenOffice 2.2.

I do not know what kind or error you are getting.  Is it an import
error?  Or, does it seem to be having trouble with the input file
(silva.xml or the file that contains it)?  Do you get a traceback?

I've placed a zip file containing two archives exported from Silva
which I've used in my testing.  Could you please let me know what
kind of error you get when you process one of these files.  You can
find that file here:

    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/silva2odt_data.zip

You should be able to use it as follows:

    $ unzip silva2odt_data.zip
    $ silva2odt.py -z folder1_export_2007-06-12.zip folder1.zip
    $ silva2odt.py doc3-1_export_2007-06-15.zip

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman