[silva-dev] Update - silva2odt

eric casteleijn eric at infrae.com
Mon Jun 25 14:44:18 CEST 2007

> I followed the anouncement and the discussion. It seemed to be interesting.
> Now, in a production environment and especially in a larger production
> environment there are very reasonable restrictions in regard to the
> version of usable software. We can only use the versions which are
> officially supported by Infrae, for obvious reasons.
> Now I wonder, wether it makes sense at all for us to consider a use of
> that otherwise nice tool:
> We cannot use Silva from svn (which branch? 2.0? 1.5? 1.6). Especially
> if we would have to use Silva-2.0 it is no option for us. Is Silva-1.6 a
> candidate for that tool?

Without yet having looked into the details of silva2odt, I think it will
work with Silva 1.6 or can be made to do so relatively easily, since the
tool is external to Silva, and the export format has not changed between
  Silva 1.6 and 2.0. I am planning to look into it in some more detail
today, and I plan to test with both versions.

eric