[silva-dev] Update - silva2odt
petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 25 20:24:51 CEST 2007
> - lxml-1.2.1
this was it. i had version 0.9.1 installed. i updated to version 1.3
and the errors were gone.
i created a full-media export zip from http://ssb.biomaterials.ch/
ssb/ (this is a standard silva folder) which has a size of 6 mb.
wow!! your program converted this 6 mb zip file in less than 0.3
seconds and i have a bunch of .odt files.
some observations about installation and usage:
- "setup.py install" complains about a missing "__init__.py"
but it installs nonetheless
- i can confirm eric; the syntax: silva2odt.py infile.zip outfile.odt
does not work
- i had to use the --styles-path option because it could not
some observations about the result:
- nested lists do not work at all. i.e. in the .odt file of the page
the article 2, 3, 4 and 5 are completely empty
- bulleted lists are not interpreted as a list; the result contains a
paragraph with a bullet followed by line-end character and then the
content follows in the next paragraph. e.g.
original in silva:
• some text
• some more text
converted in .odt:
some more text
- am i correct that tables are converted to standard text and not
- images are not supported yet
- there seems to be a major issue with links within paragraphs. after
link the text is missing. e.g. on page
[snip] of the Robert Mathys FoundationAbsorbables, Degradables and
Resorbables". During [snip]
the missing text is '. The topic of the meeting was "'
another example on the same page: the first paragraph of year 2004
contains only the following line:
On behalf of the AO Research Institute
dave, thanks again for this great product. may i ask if it will be
possible to pipe the output of your program through ooconvert (http://
sourceforge.net/projects/ooconvert/) to have even more different
More information about the silva-dev