[silva-dev] silva2odt -- yet another version
dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Jul 24 22:12:09 CEST 2007
Here is the latest update to silva2odt. You can find it at:
And, documentation is here:
- Additional list styles are now supported. See also the new list
styles in the documentation:
- Table of contents are now generated, *but* it does not seem to
be very useful to me. This is mostly because during the
generation of the document, silva2odt cannot calculate the page
number for each section. You can overcome this by opening the
generated document in oowriter, right clicking on the table of
contents, and selecting "Update Index/Table" from the pop-up
menu, which fills in the page numbers. That's not a very
satisfactory solution when you've generated a large number of
documents, or even a small number of documents, I suppose.
Perhaps someday I'll learn how to use PyUNO or the PyUNO bridge
and will be able to automate updating the table of contents. I
don't know whether that would work or not, but it is one
possibility we can explore.
- Graphics in the styles file (e.g. styles.odt) were not being
copied to the output .odt file. Now, they are. Examples are the
graphics used for some bullets.
- Text was not being wrapped around images with float-left and
float-right image alignment modes. Now, text wraps.
- Lists with types other than plain numbers and plain bullets were
causing tracebacks. Now fixed. This is related to the added
list styles, described above.
- Is there a repository of exported Silva documents available
someplace? I'd be able to use that for testing. My test
documents (except for the one Marc sent me) are very contrived,
and they likely fail to cover many test cases.
More information about the silva-dev