[silva-dev] autotoc refactoring
aaltepet at bethel.edu
Thu Aug 9 21:24:00 CEST 2007
I've finished refactoring the AutoTOC content type, as I think I described in
an earlier post. Basically what I've done is merge SilvaCustomAutoTOC into
the Silva AutoTOC content type. The Silva AutoTOC type will now provide the
same functionality as my SilvaCustomAutoTOC type.
Since it appears infrae is readying for a bugfix release of 2.0, also
including this major change in a bugfix release isn't really appropriate.
For the time being, I've placed it in a branch of Silva, here:
I've made a couple enhancements since the latest CustomAutoTOC release,
1) optionally display icons
2) the 'silva' sorting method now works
There's no upgrade script yet, since I don't know the release that infrae will
include this in, so existing AutoTOC objects may well break. You'll need to
delete and recreate them to test this.
Also note that this enhancement does not extend to the 'AutoTOC' element of
Silva Documents, and it does not break this document element. However, the
toc_rendering adapter (which both the AutoTOC type and element use) contains
all of the feature enhancements. It will certainly be possible to implement
controls in kupu and the forms-based editor to provide the same enhanced
functionality within Silva Documents.
So, please, please, test this out and let me know what you think! I would
like to get this into the earliest possible next release of Silva.
More information about the silva-dev