[Silva-general] Subscription Service: How to get all subscriptions of an object?

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:59:43 CET 2005

> The subscription feature is handled by the subscribable adapter in
> Silva/adapters. This module contains a 'getSubscribable' function
> that'll return a subscriptions adapter for the context you pass as an
> argument.
>
> If you call 'getSubscriptions' on this adapter you will get all
> subscriptions from the context and its parents and its parent's parents
> and so on.
>
> You hint towards showing the current subscriptions on a webpage
> somewhere, did I get this right? If so, I'd have to note that we tried
> to take good care of not exposing any of this private information
> directly or indirectly (e.g. to prevent harvesting of email addresses).

Hi Jan-Wijbrand,

thank you for your reply.
I have this Python Script which I call in the context of a Silva
Document in order to get all subscriptions from the context and its
parents and its parent's parents and so on:

# Script (Python) getSubscrEmailsByContext
from Products.Silva.adapters import subscribable
subscr = subscribable.getSubscribable(context)
if subscr:
     return subscr.getSubscribedEmailaddresses()
else:
     return []

But I only get the subscription of the context which is a Silva
Document. I do not get the subscriptions of the Silva Doc's aq_parent
which is a folder that has 2 additional subscriptions. Did I miss
something in my Script?

I do not show the email addresses on public pages.They are visbible for
authenticated users only.

Kind regards,
Nico