[Silva-general] Silva 1.4.1 performance

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar crobbenhaar at web.de
Mon Feb 13 22:06:14 CET 2006

Hi Jon,

> I meant where can I set the ZODB CACHE size?

  that value is set in the confguration file etc/zope.conf,
in the "<zodb_db>" element; with an explicit cache size
if e.g. 128 objects this might look like:

<zodb_db main>
     # Main FileStorage database
     <filestorage>
       path $INSTANCE/var/Data.fs
     </filestorage>
     mount-point /
     cache-size 128
</zodb_db>

(If the cache gets too small to keep all zope objects
needed to handle one request, Zope might hang - at least this
seemed to have happened in some earlier version; I do
not know if this is still an issue  -- well, maybe
do not set it too small.)

  Additionally the (top-level) directive "zserver-threads"
seems to influence the cache size, because
there seems to be a cache for every server thread.
Setting this to "2" on a testing server seem to be a good idea
to me (if set to "1" Zope gets unaccessible if spinning while
processing one request, so that might be too low.)

  However I am no zope config and debug wizard, maybe other people
might correct me where I am obviously wrong, or just suggest
different values.

Cheers,
Clemens