[Silva-general] How do I convert silva-extra creationtime to RFC-822?

Jon Bowlas j.bowlas at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 15:25:36 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm writing a little podcast product that will allow users to upload mp3's to a
folder which generates the xml for an itunes podcast only problem is I'm having
trouble validating the xml for the <pubDate>, the specification says it must be
an RFC-822 date-time. So the question is, how do I convert it to RFC-822?

mdbinding = self.service_metadata.getMetadata(self)
creationdate = mdbinding.get('silva-extra', 'creationtime')
crdate = creationdate.HTML4()
xml.write('<pubDate>%s</pubDate>\n' % quote_xml(crdate))

cheers

Jon
UCL