[Silva-general] comparsion view link

Guido Wesdorp guido at infrae.com
Fri Mar 3 18:55:53 CET 2006

Marc Petitmermet wrote:

> i would like to send some not-yet-silva-savvy users a link by email
> which opens up e.g. version 5 and 3 of a specific document in
> comparison view in the smi. is this possible?

Yes it is, although the syntax is not very elegant:

<url_to_item>/edit/tab_status_view_versions_start?versions:list=<id1>&versions:list=<id2>

where <url_to_item> is the full URL to the item, <id1> is the id of the
first version and <id2> the one of the second (I think they're always
displayed lowest version left).

Good luck,

Guido