[Silva-general] comparsion view link

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 3 19:21:22 CET 2006

> Marc Petitmermet wrote:
>> i would like to send some not-yet-silva-savvy users a link by
>> email  which opens up e.g. version 5 and 3 of a specific document
>> in  comparison view in the smi. is this possible?
> Yes it is, although the syntax is not very elegant:
>
> <url_to_item>/edit/tab_status_view_versions_start?
> versions:list=<id1>&versions:list=<id2>
>
> where <url_to_item> is the full URL to the item, <id1> is the id of
> the first version and <id2> the one of the second

thanks a lot. this is really helpful.

> (I think they're always displayed lowest version left).

hmm. not really;-) it's just the title "older version" which is hard-
coded to be always on the left. but with
"versions:list=0&versions:list=5" i can also display the older
versions on the right and newer versions on the left. no big problem,
i just need to be careful with the link creation. thanks again.

regards,
marc