[Silva-general] webdav and FlexibleXML documents

Guido Wesdorp guido at infrae.com
Mon Mar 6 16:36:53 CET 2006

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I have set up Silva with the FlexibleXML extension, and got an XML
> file in there. All well and good, I have supplied some XSLT to render
> it, and it works. However, I now get ambitious and want to edit my
> XML over Webdav. Result, inevitably, is that I get to edit the
> generated HTML :-{
>
> I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has gone down such a line
> and how they deal with the problem.

I think this should work properly: when using WebDAV to access the
objects they *should* return the raw XML rather than processing it
first. To be honest I'm not 100% sure if I finished implementing this on
the SilvaFlexibleXML product, it's been a while since I last worked on
that, but afaik it should, so my question is: are you accessing Zope
using the WebDAV port?

You can set up a special WebDAV port in etc/zope.conf, if you access
Zope through that instead of through the normal HTTP port, a different
method is called to get the contents of an object (called
'manage_FTPGet' or something). Did you do that already? If not, could
you give that a try?

Cheers,

Guido