[Silva-general] Ghost and Links - 2 different problems, each one solved independently

Stephan Helma lists at plusplus.at
Tue Mar 14 09:19:54 CET 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote on Mon, 13 Mar 2006:

Hello everybody, hi Martijn,

Thanks for answering! Your hints solved both of my problems:

> python: item.get_viewable().get_haunted()

Works perfectly.

> >2) Get the url with 'item/get_haunted/get_url'.
>
> Hm, I think you can use 'get_previewable()' here instead, instead of
> introducing a new getLastVersion().

item().get_haunted().get_previewable().get_url() works for me.

Both solutions are not obvious (at least not to me) so once again thank you.

> >* Why are these features not implemented in Silva from the very beginning?
>
> Generally you'd first get the version you need (get_editable(),
> get_viewable() or get_previewable()) and then you call the right methods
> on that.

Ah, I see. :-o

> >* Would these developping fellowers implement these two patches in the next
> >  release (so that I don't have to do it on my private installation :-)?
>
> Unless you can convince us that using the methods listed is too
> cumbersome, no.

No, I won't do that. Because now I know how I to do what I want. But perhaps
I could convince you to include it in the documentation?

Cheers,
Stephan