[Silva-general] Spellchecker Icon in Kupu disappears after Aspell update

Guido Wesdorp guido at infrae.com
Tue Mar 28 11:04:45 CEST 2006

Nico Grubert wrote:

> Therefore, I have updated Aspell from 0.50.5 to 0.60.4 which does
> support unicodes. After the update I rebootet my Zope Server.
>
> After the update there is no spellcheck icon anymore in the SMI when I
> use kupu as editor.
> Any idea, what the problem could be?

It sounds like you also updated Silva, or at least Kupu for Silva? In
the latest version, we decided to disable the spellchecker as there were
some nasty issues in situations where no aspell binary was found, so if
you want to make use of it you'd have to enable it yourself. This should
be fairly easy, I think it would be a matter of editing the following
three files:

- in 'kupu/silva/kupusilvainit.js': remove the comment markers around
lines 231-233

- in 'kupu/silva/head.kupu': remove the comment markers around lines 32-33

- in 'kupu/silva/wire.kupu': remove the comment markers around line 67

After doing this, you can execute 'make silvamacros' in the kupu
directory to re-build the Kupu macro, restart Zope and it should work
again. Note that this requires xsltproc (of libxslt) to be installed.

Cheers,

Guido