[Silva-general] email addresses with non-standard characters in silva

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Dec 1 17:11:29 CET 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:08:06 +0100
Kit BLAKE <kitblake at infrae.com> wrote:

> On 23 Nov 2009, at 11:23, Elisabeth Coughlin wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with a mailto: link in Silva. it contains '. Eg.
> > firstname.o'surname at beds.ac.uk
> >
> > I get a 'page not found' error.
> >
> > Is this a restriction set in Silva?
>
> It seems this doesn't work. Silva interprets the address as a url,
> not a mailto. I also tried using %27 in place of ' with the same
> result.
>
> Are there a lot of these o'last names?

 Actually, if you read the RFC 822, it seems the address should be
 rewritten as "firstname.o'surname"@beds.ac.uk.

 After mail server may forbids the use of such characters in the
 address, which might be annoying for those users.

 For sure, Silva is wrong, %27  is incorrect, indeed,

 It's a bug.

 Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae