[Silva-general] navigation by tags/metadata

bdsilva at knowledgeworks.plus.com bdsilva at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Fri Dec 4 10:33:33 CET 2009

I'm sure this can be done, I'm just not sure how.

Whilst the tree-like structure of Silva is obviously good for content
management purposes, I can imagine in many sites that it is just too
cumbersome for users to navigate.

What I would like is to be able to display SilvaDocuments by some
metadata.  For example, imagine a site of recipes, where one might have
"carrot and apple soup" in the starters and "apple pie" in the desserts.
How can I also have both of these recipes turn up under "fruit recipes"?

At the moment I'm imagining that the categories "starters", "desserts",
"fruit recipes" might be keywords in the SilvaDocument's metadata.
Somehow there would need to be a category navigation at a top level that
would be created from this keyword metadata.  If that's not the way to go,
please say so :-)

I'm not looking for a search interface that returns these documents, but
rather a way of making the same document show up in different navigational
lists.

Regards, Bernard