[Silva-general] SilvaForum: preview comment problem

Kit BLAKE kitblake at infrae.com
Wed Dec 30 10:19:33 CET 2009

On 30 Dec 2009, at 09:39, Marc Petitmermet wrote:

> Dear all
>
> For an internal project i'm using SilvaForum. I have a problem that
> once previewed comments cannot be edited again because they are
> simply gone as soon as one clicks on the "edit comment" button; it's
> like the Forum is just reloaded. To reproduce:
>
> 1. click on "add comment" button
> 2. add some text
> 3. click "preview" button
> 4. click "edit comment" button
> 5. the comment is gone and we are back at 1.

Could you look in the source at step 4? Before you click. You should
find a textarea, containing the content, in the source. When you click
on "edit comment" you actually go back, but the content should be there.

> I think that this problem has something to do with my layout because
> when I don't use any layout, i.e. default Silva layout, there is no
> such problem.

In the html of the forum, you should find the this for the edit
comment button:
onclick="history.go(-1);return false;"

Although, there is some weird trick with wrapping the button in a href
to make it non-js compatible. But if you see an empty textarea, that's
not the problem.

> What I noted is that when I click on the "preview" button in my
> layout, the "Post a new comment" section below the Forum gets closed
> (which I is quite nice;-). This is not the case when using the
> default layout; the "Post a new comment" remains open.

That's doable, good idea.

> This is on SilvaForum 0.3.2, Silva 2.1.7. I've followed the
> INSTALL.txt to the core but is seems that I still miss something.
> Any suggestions from anybody?

Which browser?

Kit

--