[Silva-general] user registration (and 'hi'!)

bdsilva at knowledgeworks.plus.com bdsilva at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Fri Nov 13 15:09:48 CET 2009

Hi my name is Bernard and I live in London, England.  I'm looking for a
content management system for a new project I'm considering.

I've got a moderate grasp of how Zope itself works. Most of my programming
experience has been in Lotus Notes (VB) and WebObjects (Java).

Having done some reading around Plone and Silva, I've opted for Silva (it
just seems simpler and more elegant than Plone).  However, there are some
things I'm having a bit of trouble finding out.

I realise that for most uses Silva authenticated users are probably
created/managed by staff (either being setup in Zope, or with
authentication against LDAP).  Most users of any public Silva-based site
are presumably anonymous users.  For the site I'm considering, I need
users to be able to self-register (as registered users will see content
unavailable to anonymous users).

Is there a user-registration product for Zope/Silva that anyone on the
list would recommend?

Regards, Bernard