[Silva-general] user registration (and 'hi'!)

Kit BLAKE kitblake at infrae.com
Mon Nov 16 08:26:14 CET 2009

On 14 Nov 2009, at 13:01, bdsilva at knowledgeworks.plus.com wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion of OpenID.  I'd seen references to Silav
> supporing it on your site.  However, when I visited
> http://test.infrae.com/silva_forum/forum to test out the OpenID
> integration I got a 404.  I'm not sure if that forum was just a
> temporary
> thing or not.  I'll see if I can get it installed as easily as with
> Silva
> itself.

That was temporary but I'll see if we can get it running.

>> This will allow them see to restricted content that's set to
>> 'Authenticated'. You'll need PAS and Silva's OpenID component:
>> https://svn.infrae.com/silva.pas.base/
>> https://svn.infrae.com/silva.pas.membership/
>> https://svn.infrae.com/silva.pas.openid/
>>
>> If you're using a buildout, probably for Silva 2.1, you can include
>> these.
>
> I'm not using a buildout (yet).  I'm not that au fait with python.
> I just
> extracted Silva-2.1.3-all.tgz into my Products folder, and started
> working
> with it.  (That's the kind of nice and easy deployment I like).  If
> buildouts are the recommended deployment, then I'll spend some time
> learning that (especially as I'm getting more sure that Silva is for
> me).

Buildout is the way to go, although it brings another learning curve.
Well worth it if you continue with anything Zope. See:
http://docs.infrae.com/silva/buildout.html#installing-silva-from-svn-for-development-or-production

Kit

--
Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051