[Silva-general] Extension refresh error

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Thu Nov 19 14:14:40 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:56:20 +0100
Bengt Giger <bengt.giger at id.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Kit BLAKE schrieb:
>
> > If the layout product does normally work with a Control_Panel
> > refresh and no restart, and you'd like to keep that, then check
> > for dependencies. There's a good explanation here:
> > http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/RefreshTxt

 The second paragraph mention this:

 "It can be useful during development, but be warned that use of refresh
can cause memory leaks and/or obscure problems later on, causing you to
waste time. When you remember this warning, do a full restart to make
such problems go away."

 And I used it a lot in the past, and so I can confirm. But it's true.
It's basically an hack, and I won't recommend to do it in production.

 Your error is a strange one mentioned: an object which have been fetch
in one request and its instance is used in one other. It's not how
Zope works. There is nothing to fix.

 Best regards,

 Sylvain,

--