[Silva-general] Howto: Silva Installation under MacOSX Snow Leopard (10.6.x)

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Wed Nov 25 16:15:15 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:42:18 +0100
Marc Petitmermet <petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch> wrote:

> dear all

  Hello,

> i have written a howto for the installation of silva under macosx
> snow leopard (10.6.x) family:
>
>  http://silva.mine.ch/Silva-Installation-under-MacOSX-Snow-Leopard
>
> this documentation differs quite a bit from the original [1] because
> of two main issues:
>
> - python24:   the available patch is not yet applied in the macports
> repository
> - setuptools: the latest version does not work properly with snow
> leopard
>
> please let me know if there are any errors so i can fix the document.

  Sounds good. However you should not change file in the profiles
  directory. Those should stay at the SVN version.

  It's better just to add this to your buildout.cfg:

  [versions]
  setuptools = 0.6c9

  If you do that changes on your documentation, I will add links to
  them from the docs.infrae.com website.

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,

--