[Silva-general] problems installing via buildout

Kit BLAKE kitblake at infrae.com
Sat Nov 28 17:45:31 CET 2009

On 28 Nov 2009, at 16:59, bdsilva at knowledgeworks.plus.com wrote:

> Kit Blake wrote:
>
>> Buildout is the way to go, although it brings another learning curve.
>> Well worth it if you continue with anything Zope. See:
>> http://docs.infrae.com/silva/buildout.html#installing-silva-from-svn-for-development-or-production
>
> I tried the instructions referenced above.  However the buildout
> appears
> to have failed.  But I can't see that I did anything wrong, as the
> instructions in the above URL are very clear.  When the buildout
> finished,
> the ./bin directory did not contain any instance (it just contains the
> buildout script).
>
> This was running on OpenSuse 10.3, with Python 2.4.5.  Obviously I'm
> new
> to buildout, so maybe I did something wrong.  However, this was all
> done
> on the same server where I already have Zope 2.11.1 and Python 2.4.5
> running with Silva from Silva-2.1.3-all.tgz, so I would expect it to
> meet
> any requirements for the buildout.
>
> I ran the buildout again, and collected the stdout & stderr. Here are
> sample lines that may be relevant (i.e. that contain errors or
> warnings):
>
> warning: no previously-included files found matching '*.orig'
>  File
> "/home/zopista/silva.svn/Silva/eggs/tmpBX94-f/Zope2-2.12.1-py2.4-
> linux-i686.egg/Zope2/Startup/zopectl.py"
> , line 313
>    finally:
>          ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Something is strange here. Zope2-12.1 is listed which will not work
properly. The Silva 2.1 buildout uses:

url = http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.11.1/Zope-2.11.1-final.tgz

This is from base.cfg. If you're working with the trunk version that
uses a slightly newer Zope:

url = http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.11.2/Zope-2.11.2-final.tgz

I'm not buildout savvy either (if it runs I'm relieved and if not I
ask for help) so I don't know if the below errors have anything to do
the Zope version.

Kit

Kit BLAKE · Infrae · http://infrae.com/ + 31 10 243 7051