[Silva-general] Problem with Silva 1.6.4 Buildout scripts

Jonathan Bowlas j.bowlas at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 29 12:05:41 CET 2009

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with the silva 1.6.4 buildout scripts that I hope
someone may be able to assist with.

Initially if you download it directly from
https://svn.infrae.com/buildout/silva/tag/Silva-1.6.4 it doesn't work
as there are a few versioning issues so I modified your base.cfg
script to include the following (taken from silva2.1.7 profile):

extensions = buildout.dumppickedversions
dump-picked-versions-file = versions.cfg
versions = versions

[versions]
pilwotk = 1.1.6.4
Products.PDBDebugMode = 1.1
Products.PTProfiler = 1.4
collective.monkeypatcher = 1.0b2
infrae.subversion = 1.4.5
lxml = 2.1.5
plone.recipe.zope2install = 3.2
plone.recipe.zope2instance = 3.6
py = 0.9.2
setuptools = 0.6c11
silva.export.opendocument = 1.0
zc.buildout = 1.4.2
zc.recipe.egg = 1.2.2
zope.component = 3.5.1
zope.contenttype = 3.4.2
zope.i18n = 3.6.0
zope.interface = 3.5.0
zope.testing = 3.7.1
products.docfindertab = 1.0.4

& added to the [zope2] section

fake-zope-eggs = true
skip-fake-eggs =
    zope.testing
    zope.component
    zope.contenttype
    zope.interface
    zope.proxy
    zope.i18n

It would now appear to install correctly and after adding a 'silva
root' object to the ZMI and navigating to the public view this would
seem to be confirmed. However if you click on the default installed
silva find object 'search' the public view returns a 'NotFound' error
which is the same as returned for all objects you create in the SMI.

Furthermore I decided to inspect the versions more closely and tie
them into when this buildout profile was created in the infrae svn
repository (as I assumed it must have worked when it was created) so I
ended up with this revised list in base.cfg:

versions = versions

[versions]
pilwotk = 1.1.6.4
infrae.subversion = 1.4.5
lxml = 2.1.5
plone.recipe.zope2install = 3.0
plone.recipe.zope2instance = 3.1
py = 0.9.2
setuptools = 0.6c11
silva.export.opendocument = 1.0
zc.buildout = 1.2.1
zc.recipe.egg = 1.2.2
zope.component = 3.5.1
zope.contenttype = 3.4.1
zope.i18n = 3.6.0
zope.interface = 3.5.0
zope.testing = 3.7.1
products.docfindertab = 1.0.4

Alas this was also unsuccessful and returned the exact same result -
no public view - or at least a 404 – Resource not found (NotFound)
message on every object with the exception of a silva site root.

I've also noticed that the buildout doesn't complete correctly in the
terminal - it gets to the last product install, generates the scripts
C:\\Silva-1.6.4-default\\bin\\instance' &
'C:\\Silva-1.6.4-default\\bin\\repozo' and hangs, I have to press
return to get a prompt back to enable me to bin\instance start- so
perhaps this is connected in some way.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Jon