[Silva-general] LDAPUserFolder-2.26 / Silva-2.2 / LDAPDelegate Too many results / SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED / OverflowError

Richard Mahoney r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org
Thu Jul 25 01:43:41 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I'm trying to set up the Indica et Buddhica instance of Silva with LDAP
so that I can restrict downloads to registered users on my LDAP server.
This is the first time I've used LDAP with Silva or Zope.

I have two acl_users: one -- the standard Zope acl_user -- sitting at
the Zope root above my four Silva sites (it includes only two site Owner
/ Managers) and the other -- the LDAPUserFolder acl_user -- sitting only
within the Indica et Buddhica instance of Silva.

Within the ZMI I can connect to my LDAP server, and find and create LDAP
users. The authentication of registered users on the LDAP server before
downloading from the Indica et Buddhica site also works correctly.
Unfortunately, though, any attempt to create new materials or view new
materials or to access properties or user data from within the editing
interface of Silva itself results in `Overflow' errors.

The errors appear to result from too many results being returned by the
LDAP server to LDAPDelegate. I'm attaching some of the log messages.

Here is what I'm using:

  Products.LDAPUserFolder-2.26

  Silva 2.2
  Python 2.4.6
  Zope 2.11.6
  SunOS 5.11 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

I have installed LDAPUserFolder-2.26 in:

~/Silva-2.2/products

Initially I went with all of the following but this resulted in a whole
series of more serious issues :)

genericsetup - Products.GenericSetup-1.7.4
ldapmultiplugins - Products.LDAPMultiPlugins-1.14
ldapuserfolder - Products.LDAPUserFolder-2.26
pluggableauthservice - Products.PluggableAuthService-1.10.0
pluginregistry - Products.PluginRegistry-1.3

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Best regards,

  Richard

--
Richard Mahoney

Littledene  Bay Road  Oxford  New Zealand
M: +64-21-064-0216
T: +64-3-312-1699
E: r.mahoney at indica-et-buddhica.org

http://camera-antipodea.indica-et-buddhica.com