[Silva-general] LDAPUserFolder-2.26 / Silva-2.2 / LDAPDelegate Too many results / SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED / OverflowError

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Thu Jul 25 12:33:40 CEST 2013

Op 25 jul 2013, om 01:43 heeft Richard Mahoney het volgende geschreven:

> Dear All,

   Hello,

> I'm trying to set up the Indica et Buddhica instance of Silva with LDAP so that I can restrict downloads to registered users on my LDAP server. This is the first time I've used LDAP with Silva or Zope.
>
> I have two acl_users: one -- the standard Zope acl_user -- sitting at the Zope root above my four Silva sites (it includes only two site Owner / Managers) and the other -- the LDAPUserFolder acl_user -- sitting only within the Indica et Buddhica instance of Silva.
>
> Within the ZMI I can connect to my LDAP server, and find and create LDAP users. The authentication of registered users on the LDAP server before downloading from the Indica et Buddhica site also works correctly. Unfortunately, though, any attempt to create new materials or view new materials or to access properties or user data from within the editing interface of Silva itself results in `Overflow' errors.
>
> The errors appear to result from too many results being returned by the LDAP server to LDAPDelegate. I'm attaching some of the log messages.
>
> Here is what I'm using:
>
> Products.LDAPUserFolder-2.26
>
> Silva 2.2
> Python 2.4.6
> Zope 2.11.6
> SunOS 5.11 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
>

> I have installed LDAPUserFolder-2.26 in:
>
> ~/Silva-2.2/products
>
> Initially I went with all of the following but this resulted in a whole series of more serious issues :)
>
> genericsetup - Products.GenericSetup-1.7.4
> ldapmultiplugins - Products.LDAPMultiPlugins-1.14
> ldapuserfolder - Products.LDAPUserFolder-2.26
> pluggableauthservice - Products.PluggableAuthService-1.10.0
> pluginregistry - Products.PluginRegistry-1.3

    I think you should silva.pas.base 1.5.5. It should work in Silva 2.2. You need to replace the service_members with the one provided one,
and create the LDAP UserFolder inside a PAS acl_users in the root of your Silva site. I believe there are not dependencies
so it should be easy to install inside a simple instance.

   (You can check the README: https://svn.infrae.com/silva.pas.base/tags/silva.pas.base-1.5/README.txt)

   Regards,

  Sylvain,

--